As we age, the condition of our skin changes, wrinkles begin to appear and the skin becomes flabby. Therefore, special emphasis should be placed on proper facial care after 60 years of age.
What does the condition of the skin depend on?
It is worth noting at the outset that the condition of your skin largely depends on you. Although genetics and the natural effects of time are also important, advances in cosmetology and aesthetic medicine make it possible to realistically reverse the effects of progressive skin aging. The earlier we start working on it, the better. Specialists recommend to think about it at the age of 40, and even 30 years. However, if we did not take care of the skin condition then, we can still improve a lot. It is worth knowing how to prevent the aggravation of aging processes.
The aging process intensifies
Although skin aging progresses especially after 60 years of age, the first symptoms can be observed from the age of 25. This is when our sweat and sebaceous glands become less active. This in turn promotes excessive drying of the skin. With the passing years the efficiency of our circulatory system decreases, which contributes to lower levels of hydration, nutrition and oxygenation of the skin. Depending on the type of skin, we may notice various symptoms of skin aging, but most often we will see wrinkles, sun spots and reduced skin elasticity. In many cases, there is also an increased tendency to swelling and bruising under the eyes. So how should we effectively care for mature skin?
How do I care for my face after 60?
Proper care of our skin involves following the rules that already apply to slightly younger women. However, it is important to strengthen the cosmetics used. It is worth remembering about:
- face lifting and contouring creams. It is recommended to use cosmetics rich in coenzyme Q10, vitamin A and ginseng extract;
- creams that exfoliate the epidermis. Here it is also worth choosing products rich in retinol, i.e. vitamin A. They can be combined with creams responsible for regeneration, which will enhance skin regeneration;
- concentrated vitamin preparations and oxygenating skin. Several weeks of treatment with retinol or vitamin C can bring great results. Regenerating serum should be applied on the face before bedtime;
- peelings – their main task is to unblock pores. As a result, the skin better absorbs creams and other cosmetic preparations used by us;
- skin lubrication – as the skin ages, it is more exposed to the harmful effects of the external environment. It should take into account the protection of the skin against strong sun, strong wind and frost. Use natural oils such as coconut oil.
Experts stress that physical activity can be beneficial for the skin. We should not avoid circulation-stimulating exercises and healthy eating.
What cosmetics should a 60-year-old woman use?
As mentioned earlier, there are several types of cosmetics that we should introduce into our daily skincare routine. In addition to the above-mentioned coenzyme Q10 and retinol it is worth mentioning:
- hyaluronic acid – makes the skin more flexible, moisturizes it and gives it elasticity,
- flavonoids – responsible for retaining collagen and elastin in the skin,
- peptides – produce collagen,
- unsaturated fatty acids,
- vegetable oils – in addition to the mentioned coconut oil, we can reach for linseed oil or argan oil. As a result, the skin will be better moisturized and nourished.
- vitamins – in addition to A and C it is worth taking care to provide the body with vitamin E.
Treatments for mature skin
Mature skin, which 60 year olds have, requires an appropriate treatment. We can use many non-invasive treatments based, among others, on injections of hyaluronic acid. The effect of such an action will be noticeable for up to two years, during which we will enjoy a firm complexion.
Read also ABC SKIN CARE FOR 50-YEAR-OLDS
Main Photo: mimagephotos/ stock.adobe.comLeave a comment